Forum: Carrara

Subject: C3DE Issue 02 released!

Danas_Anis opened this issue on Sep 02, 2009 · 45 posts

Antaran posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quote -
oh dear, would you mind then joining Carrara World? it is a very good place where you can upload your art and find some really usefull things.  and the latest shader pack link must work, it must work.

Yes, the link works if one registers AND joins the group. I think you might want to mention it wherever you'll be posting/adding this link.

Quote - As about 80% criteria. Smoothing doesn't add any value unless you use displacement paint to deform the figure. Shaders, it depends on the quality of the result. Bascially we try to avoid DAZ3D gallery look.

DAZ3D gallery is a very strange place. My contests winning images usually don't make it into the Monthly Gallery (although they do get into the Carrara Gallery, for lack of entries, I suppose), yet, what I do often see in the Monthly Gallery offends the eyes and boggles the mind quality-wise! So I really don't know what criteria they use for that.

Quote - We want to encourage people to not only drag and drop generation 4 or 3 or any other figure like V4, drag and drop shaders, and render using highest rendering settings wiht HDRI, GI.
Basically we can say this: don't drag and drop V4 and load texture, make V4 live and look like she isn't V4, or M4 isn't M4, avoid preset poses break the standard of DAZ3D current galeries. Now in DAZ3D galeries we see V4 and M4, C3DE want to see somene else, so people would believe that person in the picture is someone (thsi doesn'tr mean phot real of course). 

So if for example you have incredible pose with amazing shaders that makes you say wow you may not even have to do sometinhg for V4, M4 or other model mesh.

OK, this is very confusing. So, can we look at some examples? Would you consider accepting something like this:
Image #1
or this:
Image #2
Both have detailed credits for what's included content-wise and what's been done to the content. Second image might have difficulties with full view, unfortunately -- some Rendo server bug.

It would really help if you provide the reasoning for whatever answer you give.

I hope this will be useful to others as well, that's why I am not asking this privately, and I hope I am not derailing the thread too much, as it is really mag-related.