Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 5 or Vue d'Esprit 4?

LonRanger opened this issue on Jul 18, 2001 ยท 13 posts

SAMS3D posted Wed, 18 July 2001 at 12:47 PM

I don't want to offend anyone, so I will choose my words as carefully as I can.... I have been a very long time user of Bryce, I was sent a picture from someone who was using Vue, I was totally amazed at the rendering of the picture, that is what first caught my eye. I didn't want to give up on Byrce because I had become devoted to that software. I decided that all I could do was look and read alot about Vue and I decided to also download the demo of Vue, which can be found on www.e-onsoftware.com. At first it was strange to get use to because the interface is different than Bryce, but within a few hours of play time with it and invetigating it, I felt right at ease and found it quiet easy to manipulte. I did fall in love with it though over about 2 weeks of investigation. I visited the Vue forum and asked alot of questions, and received great answers that were not prejudice in any way, but did answer my questions. I did decide to also get the Bryce 5 upgrade, because of my loyalty to Byrce.....I have to say I was greatly disappointed in the upgrade. I still like many of it's features and still like it in general, but if I were to have to make a choice between the two, Vue would win hands down. You need to speak with MikeJ or Varien over at the Vue forum, they can guide you along, and they will not sway you over,they will give you answers so that you can make a fair choice that is right for you. Sharen