Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Any Idea's what's being fixed for P8 SR1?

LostinSpaceman opened this issue on Sep 04, 2009 · 101 posts

RavynGyrl posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 11:39 PM

Quote - Complex renders with more than 2 DAZ series 4 characters will render a single time and then P-8 says it has run **out of memory.
The Smith Micro people have stated they have tried to match a complex PZ-3 scene in pre render mode totaling some 416MB by using some cinema CD images a high poly vehicle and three casual Alyson and Ryans totalling 1.5 MB in size  to my **3 Fully colothed DAZ meshes ** with all the ++ morphs and skin textures totaling some **218 MB.
They say they have no memory issue suing a Pentium dual core CPU with Xp pro and 1 GB ram..

Well, gee, I surely hope they fix the memory leak (but if they don't see one, that's a bit worrisome). Some scenes I can render a few times before I get the out of memory error and a crash. But others, particularly ones in which I'm using an Aery Soul hair (which are extremely high poly as stated on the product pages), then I get the memory error and a crash after every render. Which really sucks and becomes quite time consuming when doing a dozen test renders.

So I do hope they are doing something to fix all these memory errors that many people are getting.