Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Any Idea's what's being fixed for P8 SR1?

LostinSpaceman opened this issue on Sep 04, 2009 · 101 posts

dml2000 posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 10:51 AM

Bantha

I use a XP pro 32 Bits system

On Smith Micros's advice I did check off a singular window option and reduced my threads from 3 to 2.   I know nothing of a Bigmen switch

Believable

When I go to the P-8 library and I click on Alyson Casual,  Poser shows me the size of the mesh in the blue window and it says 53.2 KB

Yet if I bring her up on the render board,  add a hair prop and save her to another library spot and then check her size, Alyson Casual comes in at a wopping 49.3 MB  big difference and I must assume not all the diference is her hair prop (LOL)

If one takes Alyson in her nude state and adds P-8 clothing (same as what she wears in the Casual setting, ) adds a texture map found in Materials and the same hair prop, Alyson rings in at  139.0 MB 

I did not try Ryan but I'll assume his figires are fairly close to Alyson give or take a MB

Still tho,,  V-4 fully loaded with ++ morphs a decent Skin texture and depending on the outfit and shoes blows them away at 189-215 MB  I have one M-4 Male figure that comes in at 256MB

I use 2-3 charcters in almost every render  for my Illustrated stories so right off the bat almost every pre render PZ3 is 200-300 MNb in size and I have yet to add a backdrop,  or light package to the image..  then click add shadows or a couple ray trace bounces and I have the afore mentioned 418 MB Pz3

Now with P-7 I could render a scene in 7-12 minutes  maybe 20 if I have complex lights
With P-8 the time is almost cut in half ..  but it does not help if P-8 runs out of memory

and after a reboot, I start P-8 load my saved pz3 scene and it pops in a moment later with no textures..  depending on the siz of the PZ3  the textures pop back into the scene 30 to 60 second later

So I will admit I may have been wrong about the size of Alyson and Ryan but I find it out that when you click on Alyson in the P-8 library it displays her size in KB  but put her on your desktop and saver the same image elsewhere and she is now 49.3 MB

Regards  dml2000