Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Blank window. Poser 8

Einzelganger opened this issue on Aug 06, 2009 · 202 posts

LostinSpaceman posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:39 PM

I'm sorry but I have to step in here and agree. Terse DOES EQUAL Rude.

Thesaurus.com:

Quote -
Main Entry: terse Part of Speech: adjective Definition: brief, short Synonyms: abrupt, aphoristic, boiled down, breviloquent, brusque, clear-cut, clipped, close, compact, compendiary, compendious, concise, condensed, crisp, cryptic, curt, cut to the bone, elliptical, epigrammatic, exact, gnomic, in a nutshell, incisive, laconic, lean, neat, pithy, pointed, precise, sententious, short and sweet, snappy, succinct, summary, taut, to the point, trenchant

Quote -
Main Entry: rude Part of Speech: adjective Definition: disrespectful, rough Synonyms: abrupt, abusive, bad-mannered, barbarian, barbaric, barbarous, blunt, boorish, brusque, brutish, cheeky, churlish, coarse, crabbed, crude, curt, discourteous, graceless, gross, gruff, ignorant, illiterate, impertinent, impolite, impudent, inconsiderate, insolent, insulting, intrusive, loutish, low, obscene, offhand, peremptory, raw, savage, scurrilous, short, surly, uncivil, uncivilized, uncouth, uncultured, uneducated, ungracious, unmannerly, unpolished, unrefined, vulgar, wild

Nobody's asking to be mollycoddled that I can see, they're just asking for answers given with a little more respect from what I can see. I understand BB gives of his time freely and man, that is FAN-Effin-Tastic! I applaud that! But he does come across quite harshly at times and I've noticed it myself. I still respect him for what he does and what he knows. I just wish he'd take a little constructive critiscism when it comes to his interpersonal skills. You don't have to be abrupt/terse/rude to make your point.

Frankly, calling someone "22 Posts" is blatantly rude! Post count should not be a factor in how we treat people around here. If you look you'll see MuonQuark has been a member here since 2007. Hardly a newbie, and even if he was, you don't treat newbies with disrespect do you?