Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

NefariousDrO posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 6:56 PM

This certainly is turning into a lively discussion, so I thought I'd add to the mix, a little bit. Like most of you, I've seen a fair number of people who are clearly using a "copy and paste" comment over and over again. The sad thing is that I often end up disregarding the comment, but I do try to see what I can, first. Like many have pointed out, it often is from a non-english speaker. My own frustration is that between my day job and my way-too-many-interests, I just don't have alot of time to spend here looking and commenting, and it does impact the number of views as well as the number of comments. I think we all tend to build up our own little circles that we mostly concentrate on, and that's good. What worries me is that not long ago someone raised some of the concerns raised here on one of his posts, and was apparently pretty viciously attacked for it. He's withdrawn from Rendo as a result. Now, I might not feel he raised the issue in the best place for it to be discussed, and I think simply withdrawing in response to the attack isn't how I probably would have handled it if it'd been me, but it worries me that something like this would apparently generate such an attack. We all seem to want this to be a good community, so how did this happen?