Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 "cannot load texture" problem solved

Magik1 opened this issue on Sep 11, 2009 · 19 posts

lkendall posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 11:32 AM

There are several causes for this problem. The one that messed me up is in the pathway name. If the name of a directory in the pathway has a number or one of several other characters, then Poser drops the first letter of that directory name. In my case it was always a directory like ...V4Clothsruntime... . Poser expects something like ...Poser8runtime... .

I could manually add the textures, and Poser8 would find them until I closed and restarted the program. Then I would have to add them again.

I renamed (with Roman numberals) some directories to VivCloths, etc. and now deep search can find the textures. I am hoping for a fix in SR1, any, any, any day now. :)

lmk

[PS: If P8 is dropping the first letter of a directory in the path, and thus not loading a texture, you can find out which runtime library is corrupted in the Advanced Material Room. Choose the texture that is not loading, and click on its name. The list of loaded textures will appear. Look for the blue checkmark by the pathway names. Scroll down if you need to. When you find the blue check, study the names of the directories in the path. If one of then is missing the first character, then you have the same problem I had. That is the directory in the runtime pathway that needs a name that does not confuse Poser 8. lmk]

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.