Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 not working and ruining my computer

zippy opened this issue on Sep 16, 2009 · 209 posts

cspear posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 9:49 AM

Quote - " parts of Internet Explorer have not been incorporated into Poser 8. The new Poser 8 library system was created with Adobe AIR. It uses IE components and the FlashPlayer for some functions"

sorry, you have contradicted yourself in that statement.
parts and components are the same thing.

and as the new library is a part of Poser 8, it is incorporated into the app.

and as the OP stated, Poser 7 works fine on his/her  rig, ergo  :-  the app is the problem, not the OPs rig.

There is no contradiction.

Parts and components are the same thing, but that isn't the point. Poser 8 does not contain any parts or components of IE, but it does make calls on them to achieve certain things. If IE wasn't there, the library system wouldn't work. Poser also makes calls on the OpenGL toolkit (part of Windows), but OpenGL is not incorporated into Poser. You can print stuff from Poser, and when you do, it calls on Windows' printer drivers, but those printer drivers are not incorporated into Poser. Does that make sense?

And yes, the library is part of Poser 8, it does not contain any IE components, but it needs those components to be present or your system so that it can access them.

The fact that Poser 7 runs well on his setup and that Poser 8 doesn't, does not mean that the problem lies with Poser 8; it doesn't mean that it doesn't lie there either. We don't have enough information to make that judgement.

But let's get back to the subject of the original post:

"Poser 8 not working" - OK. People have had problems.
"ruining my computer" - no.

As ockham points out, the xml files are temporary files. They shouldn't accumulate over time. If they are, that needs to be sorted out in IE's preferences: there's an option to have it delete all temporary files when it quits. On it's first run, when the library is building its index, it may well generate loads of temporary files which may well be in the thousands for large multiple runtimes. They won't break your system - how could they? - but they might slow it down. Maybe CCleaner chokes on vast numbers of files - that's CCleaner's problem, not Poser's. If all else fails, delete them manually.

I just checked my Temporary Internet Files folder with Poser 8 running and it contains a handful of Poser-related  xml files and a pile of other crap that has nothing to do with Poser.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017