Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 not working and ruining my computer

zippy opened this issue on Sep 16, 2009 · 209 posts

zippy posted Fri, 18 September 2009 at 3:10 PM

Okay, I have my computer back up again and here's what happened:

1. Reset computer to factory settings

2. Downloaded and installed all system updates, including a very recent upgrade for the graphics card. It appears the Vista service packs all installed, too.

3. Installed anti virus and Firefox - No other software

4. Installed Poser 7 + Poser SP3, and copied saved runtime to runtime folder. Poser 7 tested and ok.

5. Installed Poser 8 and hotfix. Internet and computer acces at this point okay.

6) Fired up P8, ok, added P7 runtime. ok.

1. P8 library appears as IE window and indexes FAST.

2. Index ends. Up comes an error message on screen. "There are compatibility problems which will be fixed." Library IE window then dissapears on its own and reapears as a docked pallet, but NO LONGER indexed. Indexing now starts again, only this time extremely slow.

3. I close P8. Computer and internet now takes ages to access, I am met with consistent blank white windows, which stay white for at least 30 seconds until files and internet reapear.

4. I reopen P8, library still running extremely slow. 

5. I exit Poser. Still can't easily access computer and interent.

6. I uninstall P8, computer and internet acces now fully working again.

So you see from item 8 above where the problem starts, and it is the P8 library that triggers it. Apart from what is stated above, there is no other software, or utilities, installed at this point. I cannot use my computer while Poser 8 is installed.