Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Creating movie in Poser questions - Lighting, Rendering, Animating Hair

LionheartM opened this issue on Sep 24, 2009 · 6 posts

drewradley posted Fri, 25 September 2009 at 3:20 PM

I make all my movies at 640x360 as that is standard YouTube size and looks good even enlarged. I also try to keep my render times down to a frame every minute or two. Once you get beyond that, it just takes too long to render out an animation. Keep in mind, 3 minutes of animation is 180 seconds at 30 frames a second equals 5,400 frames. That's 90 hours of render time at 1 frame a minute, if I did the math correctly.

I'm currently working on an animation that uses dynamic cloth, depth of field, motion blur, and a whole lot of reflective surfaces and that is taking way too long to render out! Sometime 10-15 minutes per frame.

If you want to make hair move without going into the hair room, you can buy hair with movement morphs; convert it to "cloth" and constrain part of it to the scalp; or use magnets to move the hair. I've used all three methods with decent results, just takes some practice.

You will be able to do other things while your computer is rendering. And if you have Pro7, I think you can even do other things in Poser. But remember, whatever you're doing will slow down the render process.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender