Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 SR 1... am I missing something..??

ziggie opened this issue on Sep 22, 2009 ยท 52 posts

cobalt posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 6:45 PM

**bagginsbil:** *The P8 GUI, all of it, not just the library, is completely new code. So the answer to why you can't just choose the old interface is because it is gone.*

My response: Then it needs to be put back. This new GUI is an absolute monstrosity, lacking both the grace, and sophistication of the GUI it's supposedly an "improvement" on. It's not only cumbersome, and badly implemented, but it also makes the program look about fifteen years out of date.

What was wrong with the previous look, that it had to be thrown completely away? What was served by locking everything on the screen into a dreary gray cubicle farm? Was this a deliberate move to dumb the program down for tiny-minded businessmen, who can tolerate neither beauty nor pleasure?

The new interface is stifling and crowded. It is as enjoyable as the inside of a submarine. Using it brings to mind to environment of Terry Gilliam's movie Brazil.

If this is the future of Poser, then there is no future. I'll be sticking to Poser 7 Pro, until such time as someone comes to their senses and realizes what a massive error this redesign was, and if that means that I never dish out for another upgrade, then so be it. My money will be better spent elsewhere.