Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: hmann's 3D World Kit

Terry Mitchell opened this issue on Jul 19, 2001 ยท 14 posts

Magix-101 posted Fri, 20 July 2001 at 9:36 AM

Hi...I am glad most everyone seems happy with the worldkit. Just to clarify a few points,the 3d World Kit is designed to be quick to set up a scene, but you can also set up a very individual look as well, just like people set up individual looks for Mike and Vicky, the thing is you have to play with the lighting and the morph targets and the sky presets, and the ground textures as well. About ground shadows...theres been a few questions about them, the first thing is that way I set them up (the lights I mean)is by no means the perfect way, in fact I attached the shadows to the key light, but they are a little hard to see, if they were attached to the sunlight then you would have a better chance to see them, there are all kinds of possibilities here, but it does require some experimentation to get the best results, basically your shadow giving light should probably be the brightest light in the scene,but in my default light setup its the key light that has the shadows and it's not necessarily the brightest light in the scene. I hope to build a lot more for it, and believe me there will be (as there are already) plenty of options to create your own individual look, personally I was frustrated with Bryce, its a great app but you cant animate in it and the skies always bugged me. I am pretty sure the movie Final Fantasy used a sky dome (you can tell by the mapping)and the simple reason is that the real sky looks like a dome. The reason I didnt add tree's was because there are so many trees around already that are easy enough to import into the World Kit, probably what I may concentrate on is bridges, more textures for the ground, rocks and plenty of other things. As it took about 3 times longer to build than I hoped (originally I thought it would take about 6 weeks ...but to be honest it took quite a few months and thats working at about 6 hours minimum a day) because there was so much trial and error in getting it to look right and getting the textures to map properly, not to mention large scale morphing etc etc... I read earlier on...someone was saying that they could have probably built it ...but I have to say... I wouldn't like to build it again...no way, to much time and too much experimenting that dragged on for weeks and weeks. Anyway I really hope it works well for you, and if enough people buy it I definitely want to expand it and make it very comprehensive in the future. Thanks Harvey Mann