Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop for poser

gabrielle_bri opened this issue on Sep 26, 2009 · 124 posts

DCArt posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 8:22 PM

I primarily use the FaceGen-generated textures as a guide as well, because I can't think of ANY "automatic" solution for creating high-quality suitable for closeup textures. The results shown above are great for characters used in a typical gallery-sized image, but if you want something that is production quality and suitable for closeups, you have to edit textures yourself anyway.

I think I said earlier that I really WANTED to like FaceShop. My biggest complaints are the same as yours, Carodan ... a front and two profile views not only result in superior textures, but they also go a long way toward a suitable morph as well. With 3.4 views, the software is just "guessing" on a lot of the detail.

The other nice feature found in FaceGen that is not found in FaceShop is that there are built-in morphs (much like in Poser's face room) where you can tweak the major features to achieve a closer face shape. But, like Poser's face room, they are there for GENERAL ethnicity, age, weight, etc. Still, they lend a fantastic start toward the character you are going for (as is shown in the above images, which are UNTOUCHED, and right after the photo fitting process without tweaking anything else. For more specfic  facial features, like a round nose, or thin nostrils, or more subtle lip curves, you either morph yourself or use the built-in morphs on V4/M4. The more exact a likeness you want, the more work you have to put in. Regardless of what "automatic" method you choose.

Now ... would I be interested in FaceShop if it were beefed up a bit more?  Yes. Would I be willing to pay more for it if it was beefed up to include some of the features that I would like to see enhanced or fixed?  Yes ... but I would have to be 100% certain that the features were there and working to my liking first.  Until then, I am wonderfully  happy with FaceGen, in spite of the fact that it takes work to get figures working in there. 8-)