Forum: Bryce

Subject: I will always love Bryce but... My first Vue image!

Vile opened this issue on Oct 23, 2009 · 46 posts

staigermanus posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 9:12 PM

there's so much more to it than 'v3'. Come one, there are thousands of other softwares, and Windows versions running amock on your myrids of systems, how can you expect to work on all of them without a hitch or interference.

Maybe you installed something else that replaced a runtime DLL with a newer or older version, and that may break things. Don't generalize it to say it doesn't work with v3, period.

Unless of course it is true for all and it is aknowledged in the release notes as a bug or whatever they want to call it.

I have a bunch of tools that work great on one machine but don't on another. In many cases it's trackable to a lack of feature support in such things as the graphics card. Or versions of the OS. 32-bit vs 64. Heck, even the file system on the C: drive (FAT32 vs. NTFS.... ever tried creating a file larger than 4 GB in FAT32? Or playying a 2GB file in Quicktime? They use 31 bits to represent the media size in the Windows version of 32-bit Quicktime. That's signed integer - what moron would go with signed variables for absolute numbvers? Well they did. At 1.8 GB or thereabouts, 37 minutes in many of my recordings at 720p on 30fps, it stops viewing the video. The audiuo continues, and other softwares have no issues playing it all just fine. The data is there, it's just being misinterpreted by a handicapped piece of software. (bet Apple did that on purpose too to ridicule Windows). Anyway, my point is... it's the little things like these that may make you think the software is worthless, and yet we turn around and keep using it.

It is not BS, it is software, and it depends on thousands of other pieces that are modular and interdependent. Break one link, you break the chain.It don't mean the thing you bought is crap.... necessarily.

-Philip

www.uketutu.com - have you tuned your Ukulele, lately?