Forum: Bryce

Subject: I will always love Bryce but... My first Vue image!

Vile opened this issue on Oct 23, 2009 · 46 posts

rashadcarter posted Sun, 25 October 2009 at 4:01 PM

Personally, I do not think Bryce could produce such an image, at least not in the hands of a first time user. To say truthfully that Vue is an awesome program takes nothing away from Bryce, which is also fantastic. But it just so happens, that in this cemetary example, Vue has the upper hand as this scene is all about the sky effects such as color gradient, haze, clouds and sunlight, all aspects in which Bryce is especially weak when compared to Vue. I am the first guy to put my Bryce gallery up against the best of the Vue galleries, but I would be a fool not to admit that many of the more photorealistic effects I struggle for in Bryce are easily applied in Vue. The average person who does not know about CG would assume the render in reference was a photograph. The clouds are convincing and so is the sun spot, the shadows are deep and black which is accurate for this time of day assuming a low dynamic range camera was used, it all makes sense. I say bravo for a great render, regardless of the software! If people are so confident that Bryce is as good as any other app, then it should not seem like such a challenge or afront to have discussiions occassionally about Vue.

That said, I am an avid Bryce renderer and have never found Vue to be to my liking, even though I know it is designed for easier realism than Byce is, I still stay with Bryce. Seeing good Vue renders will not turn me against Bryce.