Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop for poser

gabrielle_bri opened this issue on Sep 26, 2009 · 124 posts

AbaloneLLC posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 11:40 AM

**lisarichie
It pains me that you mistake me for a politician. I am a software developer and has been for 20 some years. We are trying to develop a good solution for a needed product. As the former Marketing Director for Poser, I noticed how poorly Poser's FaceRoom performs. Hence came the idea in 2006 to develop a system that:

1. Works on ALL heads, not just some
  2. Works better than FaceRoom.
    Thus we developed FaceShop. It is not perfect, I agree. Neither are any of the competing products (FaceGen, for example, costing a lot more).
    Why are there no perfect solutions? Because the premise - to make a solid 3D head based on a photograph - is very difficult. 
    I think we have made progress since FS 3.1 was introduced in 2007. FaceShop 5.0 is due in November and will have new tools that should help. We will continue to make progress. We will never be perfect, as there are many variables that influence the end product. One is the skill and artistry of the person wielding these tools.
    I've been working with FaceShop for 3 years and can still make mistakes. When that happens, I don't give up or start a blame game, just sit down and try to figure out what went wrong and then do it again.
    I don't recommend that everyone takes this route - there are people who do not have the time or inclination. For those who do, I believe that FaceShop can be a very rewarding experience.
    Sincerely,
    Laslo**