Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

MikeJ posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 6:34 AM

SaintFox,  I just noticed this that you had said:

Quote -
As you may see from the render the eye looks a bit like a doll's eye at the moment as the sclera and the cornea are not grown together but seperate parts. But sooner or later I'll figure something out to blend them together!*

[/quote*

Have a look at the screen shot. The cornea and sclera aren't separate parts, they're welded together as objects, and the UVs are together as well. Maybe you meant something else?

At any rate, remember, that eye I made was just a test object that came about during that long discussion on eyes in the beginning of September, and was never meant to replace Antonia's eyes.
That discussion died though, and I don't remember now if there was ever really a conclusion to it - if or how Antonia's eyes were going to change.
Even so, that eye is 3,391 polygons, so a pair of them is 6,782, which is probably way too much for eyes in a Poser figure. Since it was just a test of different iris shapes I didn't worry about trying to optimize the polygon count.

So I never meant for those to be Antonia replacement, or even alternate eyes. That mesh has other problems as well, such as the edges close to the pupil are too sharp.