Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

MikeJ posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 2:58 AM

I just noticed this too:

Quote -
Once the cornea-sclera problem is solved I will resize the template I use to match most of the iris-photos I have here.

Yes, I know you know it was just a test object, so I won't mention that again. ;-)
Umm, but I'm wondering now what other people think. As I mentioned, the eye discussion just kind of died after a few days and a few pages of discussion, and nothing was ever resolved.

As I recall, it was lesbentley who brought it up, saying he wasn't satisfied with the look of the eyes, or more specifically, the look of the iris in a render. The problem was the iris shape, which led to a bunch of discussion and photos, which led to me making that object above.

Now I personally think that image you uploaded a few posts up is one of the best eye renders I've seen out of Poser. The eye object itself has problems, but even so, it appears to have more depth than what you normally see in a Poser render. Most of them are  just very 2D looking, like image maps applied to a surface.
Is that because the iris shape is different than what Poser eyes usually are? Or am I just imagining that?