Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

SaintFox posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 3:16 AM

I've already tried this. I used the Cornea  and Sclera material settings I've used for the standard eyes, of course with the new texture, and then used a transparency with a kind of faded dot to blend the Cornea into the sclera. I have to say that I used the sclera texture on the cornea as well to have a nice blending area where the cornea and the sclera are grown together. What I got was a strange milky seam that looked pretty unnatural. Then I used the same material on sclera and cornea and a larger transparency on both materials to make each blend into the other. The result was a bit better but of course the cornea now lost it's effect as all that was left after the transparency did it's work was a glossy effect....

But I do not give up, I've worked with so many different eyes so far that I will find something for this one as well.

The only change in the model itself I can think of that MAY have an effect is if the sclera slightly overlaps the cornea, close to what we have for the standard eye.

The realstic effect may be caused by the fact that there is lots of space between the cornea and the iris so that there is an illusion of intraocular fluid. But it may be necessary to sharpen the iris a bit more (so far I hesitate to resize the whole texture) to create the little bit of idealized look we 3d-people are used to.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls