Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 1:03 PM

Hi. I didn't do any more any work until I had the modeling tools to make precise geometries via Python scripts. Now I do.

I'm using SaintFox's texture "toni-eyepr.jpg" that I got a long time ago. I like this UV mapping a lot. Very easy to work with. Only problem I had with it was there was some junk in the pupil, so that it wasn't perfectly black. I fixed that up with a few nodes, so I didn't have to change the texture.

This eye has only two parts, and only two material zones. The sclera + iris + pupil is one part. Then there is a cover over the whole thing that includes the cornea bulge.

We were wondering about the right iris geometry - concave, flat, donut? And how should the sclera-iris and the iris-pupil transition be arranged? I think I'm close to a good geometry. Testing with a side light here seems to do what we want.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)