Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 4:47 PM

> Quote - Yes, that does look great, BB. > If we're voting, I'd say replace Antonia's current eyes with a pair of those. How many polygons? > My only gripe wit that design is it will make pupil morphing a real chore, but that would have been the case for the one I made too, for the same reason.

Regarding morphing, it seems something I said was missed. I said it is TWO PARTS. So it is easy to morph the pupil - don't load the cover OBJ, or hide it.

The cover needs to be a separate actor, because we need to disable shadows on it. I talked about this but it went over everybody's head, apparently. You cannot get Poser to avoid casting a shadow unless you make a part transparent. If you make it transparent, then you can't use refraction. If you don't use refraction, the eye doesn't look real like this.

Saintfox wants me to look at the existing eye, but my reason for going silent was I was afraid my subtle issues would be tough to convey and it would be easier to just make an eye myself, decide the geometry, how many parts, how many materials, what the materials should be, etc. Too many things to explain to another modeler or UV mapper or whatever type person. It's easier for me to just finish this myself and hand it over.

Regarding poly count - what do you want it to be? My mesh builder is parametric with a Level of Detail setting. So I can make any poly count you want.

Here, from left to right, the polycount is:

LOD 3 = 456 polygons
LOD 4 = 896
LOD 5 = 1480
LOD 6 = 2064
LOD 7 = 2800

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)