Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 4:54 PM

Quote - > Quote - We were wondering about the right iris geometry - concave, flat, donut? And how should the sclera-iris and the iris-pupil transition be arranged? I think I'm close to a good geometry. Testing with a side light here seems to do what we want.

The eye looks great, but I think the iris is too convex, as you can see from the extra highlight on the edge of the iris in your render.

You mean cornea, not iris. The iris is not convex - it is a concave curve and does not rise at all above the sclera.

The cornea is the bulge in the eye cover prop, and I don't think it is too convex, and even if it was, the issue is not convexity of the cornea, but the rate of change of slope where the cornea merges with the sclera. This is adjustable in my model, but I have seen this triple specular reflection in real life and I specifically set about to re-create it. None of the Poser eye models I've ever seen did this correctly.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)