Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

odf posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 9:03 PM

bagginsbill: I keep explaining this, but apparently it just goes over people's heads. 😉

The high-poly Antonia for use in Poser is generated from the original mesh by Catmull-Clark subdivision. I do all my sculpting and morphing on the low-poly version, then transfer to the high-poly version programmatically. Now I could add an exception for the eyes and just use the same resolution for both versions of Antonia. But I don't quite see why I should. Morphs like the ones you showed are trivial to make in the low-poly eyes. It's less than a dozen vertices to move around. All the surrounding stuff like transfering the morph, generating the deltas and so on, is where the real work is done. Obviously, I go on automating this stuff more and more as I go along and the workflow becomes clearer to me. But my point is that much more effort goes into these things than the original vertex pushing.

What I'm trying to say is, it certainly wouldn't hurt me to use your new parametric eyes, but it wouldn't give me any particular advantage that I can see, either.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.