Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

lesbentley posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 8:14 PM

odf,

Quote - Since both methods of posing the hands have their pros and cons, I wonder if we couldn't support both and let the users choose.

The ERC Grasp and Spread in Antonia is definitely a lot better than in other figures I have seen. I think that so long as the naming of the CTRL channels is fixed, that I would prefer Antonia's current system over the P4 system, even though there are some limitations. As to including both systems, I think two sets of Grasp dials would confuse many users. Perhaps a good compromise would be to include the P4 style Hand Grasp and Spread, but hide the dials. There could be an unhide pose, not part of the standard package, but a separate download. That way the functionality is still there for developers and advanced users, but it is less confusing for the average user. IMO there would be no point in adding a P4 type Thumb Grasp, as that plays very poorly with Antonia's thumb.

When I made my Hand poses, I wanted to have the bends recorded in the individual joints, not an ERC master, but I could not face the idea of bending each joint from scratch, so added the P4 type dials. But if I had been posing the figure for a render I would have used the CTRL dials.