Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Well, I gather my 90-day ban from the DAZ fora...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Nov 02, 2009 · 47 posts

SeanMartin posted Tue, 03 November 2009 at 4:34 PM

Quote - "frankly, went out of his way to push a few buttons. And when I called him on it, I got tossed.

So you knew that the guy holding a gun was goading you and you went at him anyway. Rule Number One - don't bring a knife to a gunfight. You seem to feel that the short term satisfaction of telling this guy off outweighs the long term benefits of not being banned. If that's the case then all is good I suppose, though it sounds a teensy bit like sour grapes. The internet tends to bring out the pugnacious side of people, I know it does in me, but you have to pick your fights. 90% of the time, it's just ego and BS. It's great that we can communicate instantly with the world, but the lack of the instinctive constraints on behavior that come with face to face communication (including ultimately, the threat of a punch in the snoot) make this a pretty uncivil environment far too often. 

LOL -- no, you misunderstand, honest. Frankly, I could care if I ever get to post there again. In retrospect, it was a huge waste of time that could have been put to far better use.

The guy holding the gun said something especially moronic, and I happily called him on it, because (1) it came clear out of the blue and (2) had nothing to do with the conversation in progress. It was being a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk, and I dont care if the person involved in a mod or not -- when they act like that, I'm gonna call them on it, pure and simple. But rather than deal with it himself, he ran off to his boss, and she got stuck with the mess he created.

... which sorta figures.

Sour grapes? Not at all. I find it hysterically funny. I doubt many people will understand that, but to me it's just another one of those funny things DAZ does that keeps me amused.

And who knows, maybe one of them will actually see this thread and make comment in their fora, secure in the knowledge that I cant respond. That, to me, would be the ultimate joke.

Okay, enough for me with this. You guys carry on if you wish, but I have a cartoon to finish some time tonight. Later, folks.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider