Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 2:39 PM

I did some more work on the materials. The cover has my 4-node approximation to the Fresnel equations (which is usually 22 nodes) and I copied the parameters from a glass shader I have and just toned it down. But that doesn't produce the right response curve for tears. I calculated new coefficients for the approximation that are very accurate.

Also, in this render, I turned off the specular effect completely and just used self-lit environment props, particularly a one-sided square with a picture of a window on it. This is much better than the little round dot you get from the Glossy node.

I also did the blurred-iris trick in this shader.

I'll post an update to the zip file with these new shaders later today.

Click for full size.

(Note: Need more detailed skin textures for this sort of image.)

Note 2: If you scale the eye I posted up to 110% the iris looks the same size as it used to. I don't know if I should adjust the size of the iris relative to the eyeball, so that the eyeball radius stays the same as it was, or is it fine to just use bigger eyes. Thoughts, people?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)