Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 6:17 PM

Quote - > Quote -

With the eyes looking so real now, I think one of these days I'll have to experiment with strand-based lashes and brows for Poser.

Nobody answered me before when I asked this. ;-)

But can Poser use image maps to mask out where hair will or won't be on a "growth mesh" object? How about image maps for hair color?
If it can't, it needs to.

Hair color for sure. Masking growth, I don't think so. There should be lots of masks for hair. There should be one for hair density, and one for hair direction from the root. And they should work with nodes, so they can be procedural.

Thing is, the hairs are nothing more than poly-lines. You can make them in any app. In fact, once I get squared away with this eye and with the few bits of hardware I need for my room generators, I plan to tackle procedural hair. I know I'm strange, but a hair styling GUI, especially what Poser offers, is unusable to me. I can't work the mouse that well and it's fricking impossible to easily grab the hairs I want to move as a group. I gave up learning to use the hair room. I'm going to program my way out of the problem. Once I have algorithms for various common hair styles, then I can generate tons with no work. In fact, I can probably just set up a random number generator, render a few hundred hair styles over night, examine them in the morning, and keep the ones I like.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)