Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

SaintFox posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 7:06 PM

Impressing what went on here while I was away from the computer!!!
Too bad that I am away over the weekend and so will have to wait until I can try out the eyes...

But I have a question anyway. You, BB, asked
Does anybody have a definitive answer as to what the angle subtended by the iris typically is?

I tried my best but I am not absolutely sure what you need to know. Maybe odf or someone else who talks english as good as german can translate to me what your question is and I will try my best to find out. I know several opticans and maybe one of them can give me the exact answer.

About making eyes point to an object - IMHO this does not work well. Every time I see it the figure is more or less crosseyed. Of course there are many people that have a slight strabismus and so you can call this realistic. But as 3d is always a bit idealizing as well I am not so fond of figures showing the effect you can see on many photos of Lucy Liu in a pretty extreme way. I tried to figure out what to do for an artist who likes to point the eyes of characters to the camera but didn't like the crosseyed effect. One possible solution is to point only one eye to the camera or another object and adjust the other eye by keeping a likewise space between iris and eye-corner (the opposite eyecorner for the opposite eye, of course). This may not be anatomically correct but it looks correct.

I have a render to do at the moment but will try to come up with examples later.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls