Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 7:01 AM

I have extensively re-worked the new eye.

I reduced the geometry of the cover, and added a translucence and some shadowing around the rim. This works very well to remove the hard edge of the iris. It should be very easy to texture as you don't have to pay any attention to the quality of the texture map at the transition between iris and sclera. Just size/position it correctly and all is taken care of.

Of the floating eyes on the left, the second one is separated from its cover, so you can see what the cover does. I have a little more tweaking to do on that geometry as it is a new shape and isn't quite right. Getting the normals to match between the cover and the eye is tricky and involves some serious math.

The good thing is it's a win all around. It is less polygons. It previews pretty well, not black. With the previous full cover, the details of blood vessels were somewhat reduced rendering through the cover - that problem is gone. You can mix different images for sclera and iris for the most part.

(Click for full size)

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)