Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

MikeJ posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hey there lesbentley,

I'd be happy to send you anything you want. Actually, after I finish typing this I'll just IM you the d/l link for them. Seems easier that way. ;-)
Could you send me the swapping thingy too though, after it's complete with everything, including the eyes? I'll include my email addy in the sitemail.
Of course, the eyes with the sclera UV fix are only the lo res version, since that what's needed to use with remapping, and I'm hesitant to use LW's CC subdivision on them since it's different from Olaf's program's CC, and doesn't work the same. Might not be necessary with a simple transfer though.
I have to admit I've not been following this all too closely, as far as all the geometry switching goes. And I don't even have the AP118 version yet, since it still has the old UVs and my whole original purpose in redoing them was to have a version that would conform more to what I would want from UVs in a figure.
(Actually mine uses multiple regions/tiles which still work with all the new SaintFox textures since all the overlapping parts are just moved around in whole number values to different regions, and has nothing overlapping)
I can transfer all the UVs from 116 to 118 myself though using UVLayout, just haven't done it yet.

Quote -
Another question is how you want to designate your new eye UVs to distinguish them from your previous 116 version. As there are now multiple UV versions of the eyes, it seems inadequate to just refer to the old and new UV mapping.

Designate? Can I use something cool like X-17 like I wanted to earlier? ;-)
I don't know - it doesn't matter to me what they're called. I've been using dates instead of numbers on everything I've been doing for Antonia, but while that works for me it might not be the best way. maybe something like AP116c, since the last version using my UVs before the sclera fix was 116b.

But now we have this relatively new situation of BB making these great eyes, and it seems safe to assume he wants them included in the "official" Antonia, which is a great thing and certainly has my vote, but it's beginning to get a little confusing. ;-)

Anyway, I'm just going with the flow here and am happy to do whatever I'm asked to do when I have time. I have a pretty large project I'm working on though, which is taking away from my ability to closely follow all these new changes, so my attitude with the Antonia development is whatever happens, happens, and y'all have it under control pretty well. ;-)

Reminds me, I still have yet to finish my "One Map" Antonia for ZBrush usage. I need more hours in my day. ;-)