Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 7, Pro and/or 8 AND Windows 7, vs, Vista vs XP Pro vs Apple

westcat opened this issue on Nov 07, 2009 · 12 posts

onimusha posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 9:52 PM

Poser 8 ran really well on Vista even though Vista is awful.

Poser 8 runs really well on Windows 7 and Windows 7 is actually better than XP pro as good as XP pro was.

Anything I've run on a Windows machine seems to run like absolute garbage on a Mac.  My Vista machines have run better than the comparable Macs I've used and you can always seem to get a much more powerful windows machine for a lot less than its Mac equivalent.

Also, don't even get me started on Apple's customer service.  I had a hard drive crash on my Mac (something that still has never happened to a Windows HD of mine).  I took it into Apple and they said all they could do was swipe it for a new HD.  I asked them not to so I could try and recover what was on  the drive.  They swapped the HD anyway, against what I had told them and I ended up losing four years of photos.  They're incompetent morons and I will never buy an Apple product ever again.

Having once been a Mac person I can tell you that the religious devotion people have to Macs is the reason why they're so popular.  It doesn't have much to do with how good or bad they are.