Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

lesbentley posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 7:46 AM

odf,

Quote - lesbentley: In the light of the above, my suggestion would be to simply use Antonia's original eyes (with the original mapping) in both versions.

My idea behind this whole geometry injection (or "geom swapping" if you prefer) thing, was to be able to support the use of the MJ mapping, and textures made for that mapping, in versions of Antonia that don't currently support the MJ mapping, eg 114 and 118.

Obviously there is a kind of symbiotic relationship between textures and mapping. One is no good without the other. At the moment the best texture set available for Antonia is (IMO) SaintFox's recent one. This is seems best suited to the MJ116C eye mapping, and MJ116B mapping everywhere else, but not at all suited to the default mapping.

My thinking runs like this. It will not be necessary to inject the MJ mapping into the next version of Antonia, because it will already be the default (except for the eyes).

However there is a current problem, "How to use the latest SaintFox textures with the 118 figure?" the same will  probably apply to the new BlueEcho textures when they are released. The solution is to inject geometry with the MJ B and C mapping. Unless someone comes up with a convincing argument why not to, that's what I plan to do. I will also include an injection to revert the eyes-only to the default mapping, and of course there will be a file to restore the default geometry to the 118 figure. To me this seems the best solution to the current problems. The current SaintFox texture is supported in this solution, and if a new texture set surfaces that uses the default eyes, but the MJ mapping everywhere else, then there is a file to revert the eyes-only.

So the upshot is that I am still seeking a Hi Res version of the MJ116C lEye and rEye obj files. I already have Lo Res versions, but the Lo Res obj files were produced by exporting from Poser, is that OK?

As to BB's eyes, if and when they become a part of the default Antonia figure, they should be as amenable to these geometry injection techniques as any other eyes. At the moment, because there are two actors in the BB eyes, the eye and a cover, and because there is currently no "cover" actor in Antonia, it raises extra problems in injecting them. Loading them as smart props may be the best solution for the present. Using the BB eyes has no baring on the MJ vs default UVs debate from the point of injecting geometry, as loading the BB eyes will will load the BB UVs for the eyes, end of story.