Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

lesbentley posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 2:55 PM

Quote - Then again, if BB's eyes become the "official" Antonia eyes, there wouldn't be any need for geometry switching, right?

Probably not as much need. But some people might still like to use legacy content, so perhaps there would still be some call for it. Besides, I don't think it is settled yet that the BB eyes will be an integral part of the next release.

Quote - Quote - "The one [texture] by SaintFox is, until a "final" version of Antonia is released, only available to developers. So at the moment I am stuck."

She is planning on making that public and freely available though, right?
She just doesn't want it "out there" until it's finished is what I assumed.

That was the way I understood it to, though I don't want to put words in SaintFox's mouth.

Quote - Unless SaintFox, Les, or Olaf gave them to you, you don't have what is being called the 116C eyes, with the sclera fix. I had only sent that to SaintFox for her to test to see if she thought it was better that way, and the file only contained only the eyes as an OBJ file. As far as I know, there is no Antonia with those eyes in her head.
I could give you the link if you wanted, but I don't think it's going to matter much. ;-)

Note again though that that was just a tentative fix as an experiment, which is why I didn't put it on the dev site.

Well the tentative fix seems to have worked very well. So I think it should now be the official fix. Of course that may be a moot point if all the future textures are aimed at the BB eyes.

As to which mapping BlueEcho has used. For the sake of consistency, it would probably have been better to use the 116C mapping, but if she succeeded in mapping the sclera into the 116B eyes (no easy job I think), my geom injector should be able to take care of that. Note here that I am assuming that my geom injector will become the preferred way of using the MJ UVs, untill the next release of Antonia. Of course that may not turn out to be the case.