Forum: Vue

Subject: Free: CloudPeeps

chippwalters opened this issue on Nov 07, 2009 · 27 posts

chippwalters posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 3:34 PM

ArtPearl,

No stealing of eonite's thunder, nor his clouds is taking place.

I'm sorry you really think I'd release something without attempting to give credit to those who provided help.

I had already checked with Dick (eonite) before posting this document. He personally requested I not use his name in any of it, as he has a different set of findings and approach.

That said, as mentioned previously in this thread by Dick, the main FE node is one he most generously shared with Rendo folks awhile ago.

Futherrmore, as stated in the PDF, creating clouds, one at a time, in a layered process is not a good process to create an entire cloudscape. 

As you mentioned, you have not thoroughly read the document. It is titled, "Atmosphere settings for Cumulus clouds" and has nothing to do with the FE. The point of it is to describe what the various controls do to affect clouds. Using the Gaussian Tooth layer was a very good way to show the effects directly as the original node provides a smooth sphere cloud. The idea is, once you understand what the various controls do,  you can take more control existing cloud layers you use, or apply these findings to MetaClouds.

And for the record, the original CloudPak was a collaboration between both Dick (eonite) and myself. We both put in substantial time on the project. We both amassed knowledge. We both agree we have a right to publish our findings-- and I doubt it needs policing by others who know nothing of our project or our agreements.

As I've said many times, I have huge personal respect for Dick and his skills and believe his Cloud product will set new standards for the creation and rendering of clouds in Vue. I don't see CloudPeep in anyway competing with the grandeur of his product. I suspect he doesn't either.

In fact if anything, I suspect CloudPeep would add interest regarding how to perfect cloudscapes-- something Dick has been working long and hard on.