Forum: Vue

Subject: Free: CloudPeeps

chippwalters opened this issue on Nov 07, 2009 · 27 posts

ArtPearl posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 6:16 PM

dictionary definition: "steal somebody's thunder - to do something that takes attention away from what someone else has done  "
Eonite and his clouds were in the spot-light when you and your clouds appeared.
That's the only sense of the expression I intended. It's certainly not a crime or unethical - just socially awkward.
The cloud on the cover and inside the tut stands out in its unique loneliness, and seemed very familiar to me -reminiscent  of the cloud in eonite's thread, so it gave me the initial impression that your tutorial is related to it. As I didnt see you specify this is based on the same method,  and you stated that using the FE isnt needed to generate your clouds, I thought you had another way of generating the spherical cloud. Which sparked my curiousity. It seemed to have confused at least one more person who commented and asked how one gets the initial spherecal cloud.

Maybe eonite didnt want to be an author of this document, I have no idea, that wasnt my point.
Just a matter of courtesy and information to the readers to mention that his method is embedded in the initial FE of the example used . Perhaps it's my experience in scientific publications that  got me accustomed to give credit/reference to other people's work that preceeded our own's. I guess I was wrong to expect it here too.

So if my points upset you - I'll appologize and retract them, they have no practical importance.

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/