Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

SaintFox posted Tue, 10 November 2009 at 1:08 AM

The problem is that if you build a texture from scratch you better leave some surrounding skin around the little hairs - and between them. Otherwise you will either have a nasty difference between "brow skin" and "face skin" or you have to get rid of some hairs or you have to color-shift the whole layer with the brows what alters the brow's color as well. Whenever I tried this I ended up with an unnatural result. The brows of the model/actress above are obviously filled up with brow powder - that makes it even more difficult to match them to the skin and looks unnatural in close ups.

From my experience you can use some features from different photo-sets/persons: The navel, knees, elbows, foot soles, nails, genital area, eyes (of course) and areolas and ears with limitations, if you are lucky you can even use a different face. But using different lips and brows often ends up with a "perfect but fake"-result.

But this discussion is one of the reasons I provided a texture without brows so each one can create a different set of brows (or use transmapped brows if desired). If one of you likes to try his hand on different brows or lips I can offer an uncompressed bmp of the face - just drop me a line!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls