Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

odf posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 3:11 AM

Hmm, sorry if I stepped on some trotters, ...err..., toes with that "pearl before swine" remark.

Let me phrase that in a different way then:

1) For many or most renders, the new eyes will make no difference, since if your irises are only half a dozen pixels wide, all you really look for is a dark spot with a smaller bright spot inside. Even at modest close-ups, the difference will not be all that spectacular unless one looks at a side view of the eyes.

2) Even in close-ups, not everyone is interested in extreme photorealism. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some use Poser in a more illustrative way, and that's perfectly legitimate and not to be frowned upon. Experiments in realism do not produce art. Artists do. 😉

3) The new eyes will add some complexity to the figure because of the need for additional actors. That leads to the possibility of making it harder to use for the average user, at least in some programs. Maybe we figure out a way to avoid that, and in that case everything I said in 1) and 2) is irrelevant. Additional functionality that comes at no cost is always welcome. But if some glitches remain that users would have to work around in order to have a feature built into the figure that most of them might not have a real use for, that will definitely make some people unhappy.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.