Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

SaintFox posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 8:13 PM

So did I understand this right: The eyemapping will be the one we texturers used for our first sets of Antonia textures? If so I wait until the next generation is released (with the 116 UV mapping except the eyes) and update the texture we have now with "new old eyes" - in other words: With the new eyecolors for the old mapping.

Right! I have made dozens of things I thought about selling, but hesitate because I'm concerned about support time, mostly because face_off warned me the income isn't worth the effort. Some have argued that would not be the case with my stuff, since I heavily support things for free anyway, and that I'd make a lot more than I think I'd make.

I can tell you that I have few people asking for support, I only spend 2-3 hours with replying to customers and most things are just things like "Will this work for me?" or "Do you plan to do thisandthat". But face_off is right as well!! It highly depends on if being a 3d-merchant is a hobby or additional job or a full time job for you.

If you sell your creations as a hobby or for earning money for your hobby the support can be too much - in fact you may find that it is too much work at all for too few money as you end up with two fulltime jobs.

If you consider it being your only job, like I do, the support is just a very small part of your daily work, most of the time you create things, test things and (and this is indeed lots of work) make them user-ready and do advertising. For me the effort pays off, I am able to earn more money than I would be able to earn in most jobs that I am able to get (!) - getting and keeping a well-payed job when you are a woman of 47 years (and maybe with a physical handycap) is not easy in Germany in these days, regardless of what you've learnt and done when you where young. usually you end up as a cleaning woman or in a time-work company, hard work, bad income, lots of money to be spend on transportation, clothes and so on.

So if you have a day-job that pays your needs you may want to stay with what you do for the 3d-world as a "high end hobby" instead of starting a carreer as a 3d-merchant because it is incontestable that earning an average income here needs as much patience, power and discipline as any other serious job.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls