Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

SaintFox posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 8:49 PM

Well... depending on what you do the finishing-packing-advertising thing eats up a quarter up to half of the production time. Creating a character texture from scratch needs (at least for me) more time than the finishing work (I would say thrice as much) - but making a given set of materials marketplace-ready and supporting it may need indeed 10 times longer than creating it, maybe even more.

But before you think of any kind of collaboration you need to find people who know the products you've created as well as you do, and this is what we call the "Knackpunkt"/ the "crack point": How should an "outsider" offer (technical) support for something he does not create by himself...

Here and there I have customers that are completely new to Poser and some of them ask me and in the end need a little walk-through on how to get started, for instance with dynamic cloth. A good readme or tutorial helps a lot here - but sometimes further assistance is needed. IMHO it pays off to spend some time explaining things because what you get is a returning customer and a good reputation. But sometimes you need a high frustration limit because you have to deal with a "yes, but..." person. I am not sure how often this happens to others, I was lucky to meet only two of these people during the last years 😉

...but I do not want to drive this thread off topic!!!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls