Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: anyone here besides me still on Poser 7?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Oct 27, 2009 ยท 82 posts

mylemonblue posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:31 PM

Quote - I tried Poser 7 in Ubuntu (WINE) but the way the interface worked was very awkward... did that get fixed? I would have dialogues coming up behind the main work window and the preview pane turn black and other weird stuff happen until I finally gave up and went back to Windows.

At this point, about all I run in Windows IS Poser (and rarely Vue). All my internet stuff and email and everything else I do in Ubuntu. People see how it runs and the lack of dramas with it (except of course running Windows-based apps) and they're instant converts. Couldn't tell you how many installs I've done. And tech support? Virtually nil.

We are talking Ubuntu Linux, 9.04.

Yeah. I've found a bunch of late Wine versions broke poser compatibility while I was trying Ubuntu Studio 9.04 but I found one that worked at the time. Maybe I shouldn't have recently installed the regular Ubuntu 9.04 over it...sorry I don't remember which Wine that was. I haven't had much time and haven't loaded Wine yet this time because I was thinking about trying Mint(another flavor of Ubuntu) Maybe I should have stuck with what I had. LOL. :unsure:

Edit.
@ Plutom Ubuntu is a version of Linux made for regular human beings. More plug & play than other versions plus more universally accepted than most Linux versions now. It's an open source Linux backed by a company called Canonical Ltd.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things