Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: African, Middle Eastern, or South American scenes?

momodot opened this issue on Nov 12, 2009 · 15 posts

PandaB5 posted Fri, 13 November 2009 at 6:04 AM

You know those of us in Africa don't have one single style - if you go to an apartment in Johannesburg and I used to live there - I live a few minutes north of it now - no two will look the same. There may or may not be African-type images in our houses but mostly they're sold to tourists. I don't think any two houses in the complex where I live would have the same look inside even though our houses are identical in architecture - or lack of architecture. You'd paint the walls any colour you feel like cos you'd do it yourself and the next person can repaint it again - but the vast majoriy will have white / beige and other boring colours. If you like clutter your house will be full of trinkets - if you like minimalist - your house will be minimalist.

Only difference I've seen between USA and here - we won't put in white carpets unless it's in a room that's seldom used and for special occassions only. Tiles and wood floors are more practical - wall to wall carpeting is popular too. We don't typically have airconditioning. But you have so many cultures and languages and races living together in Johannesburg it would be completely impossible to say - that's a JHB apartment and then you'd probably have to target a particular race group - which in Africa would be okay - in USA probably politically incorrect. Also JHB is 100% city - there's nothing much left here of "Africa" - except in the odd curio store. 

Fashion comes and goes around here too - some people like the cottagy look others want ultra-modern. We have stores for everything.

None of us dress in the way poser content dresses African people - except if you're in a tourist area and putting on a show for them - and we no longer live in grass huts in the cities ... although you'd find them in the rural places. Very poor people live in shacks which is really not much better than living nowhere and there'd be not actual structure there.

Really I think you could take any modern apartment with modern furnishings and tell someone that is in JHB and it would fit

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/