Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: African, Middle Eastern, or South American scenes?

momodot opened this issue on Nov 12, 2009 ยท 15 posts

momodot posted Fri, 13 November 2009 at 9:40 AM

America was colonised by Europeans and also in the 19/20th centuries was a great inmigration of Italians, Spanish and some Germans and Poles, so there's not too much difference with Europe.

I don't agree... I have visited Europe and also seen many movies... the apartment interiors would not be remotely plausible for any region of North America. I did not believe greenpots interiors were any more realistic than the Hobbits Home until TrekieGrrrl posted some images of her apartment.

As for Africa... maybe it is a class thing. When I Google apartments for rent I see apartments the same in the USA, Africa, and Europe and the Mediterranean but when I travel I stay always with family. I have close family in every continent but Asia. My people are all working class people, factory workers mainly, not for any lack of smarts but simply because of opportunity and circumstance. The apartments of all my aunties and uncles and cousins and their neighbors are very distinctive to their country and very different from these standardized middle class homes in the Modern Western Style you see on Google search. Even in the US I had friends who lived in mansions, a few middle class acquaintances but new mostly working class people whose apartments looked nothing like those shown on the internet.

Most definitely not one single apartment I saw in say Cairo could have been found anywhere in North America and when I show photos of my travels to anyone they know immediately if the photo was taken in the USA or Middle East or Africa or Mediterranean. The closest match I saw from one country to an other was San Jose CR to Miami USA but even then all the stove and plumbing was different etc. and although the walls and floor layout were similar really all the details were different.

I think maybe the working class is not very much shown in cinema etc. I know my upper class wife had never once visited a neighborhood or home like that of my parents before meeting me. Because of the elite university I attended I am unique in my family in having visited the homes of middle class and very wealthy people. As I child the middle class homes shown in American sit-coms had as much reality in my mind as the inside of a space station on TV shows. I did not know there were actually people who did not live in the "slums" I had only ever seen. I thought there were in each city several hundred rich people who had big places or lived in fancy towers but I did not imagine they lived in places that looked much different from my own. When I befriended rich and Middle Class people in university I was literally amazed their homes looked inside like those shown on television and in movies. In American films rarely are poor or working people shown in less then lower middle class living circumstances from what I have seen.