Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

odf posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 12:09 AM

Quote - Digital-Lion just sat up a subdomain on our server: antonia.german-3d.com. So now she's got her own adress within our homepage.

Awesome! Tiny nitpick: you wrote "over 160 sites" above the link to this thread. That should of course be "over 160 pages". 😉 (Aside for non-German-speakers: our word for page is Seite. Since in the early days the terms web page and web site were almost synonymous, and "site" sounds almost the same as "Seite", it's still common in German to refer to sites as pages.)

Quote - We will host the textures there and you are right: I think it's okay to give away her texture for free, especially on our own site, but I will leave the hint on every texture that it is not a merchant resource. This does not include the people who belong to the developer forum as we are working together on this project and should be free to share what we create to enhance it and to create add-on's. But with offering the texture as a resource to an anonymus group of people may be something that gives us trouble. If I find out something different there's still the option to alter the license for the textures.

That sounds good to me.

Quote - What I would like to know within... let's say until next weekend: Which set of eyes with what UV mapping will be the one that ships with Antonia.

I think it's safe to work under the assumption that it will be the original eyes with the original UV mapping. If bagginsbill decides that his eyes would work best built into the figure, we will still have to make them render nicely, if not as realistically, in D|S and such. So I imagine there would be a material collection or pose file that one could load on top of existing materials to enable the Poser-specific enhancements. So by default, we would make his eyes fully compatible, as materials go, with the original eyes.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.