Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Stoopid, blindly positive comments on gallery images.

project_nemesis opened this issue on Nov 12, 2009 · 139 posts

kobaltkween posted Sun, 15 November 2009 at 7:00 PM

[OT] well, sort of.  i think i'll actually stop that when i get back into it.  it's a little too much gallery spam, and not very flexible.   frankly, the comments i got showed more confusion about duplication, and it just split the feedback in an unmeaningful way.  and people would post corrections that were already taken care of in the final version, so i'd waste their time, too. 

but most of all, it puts the wrong emphasis on my work.  for me it's not about random aspects of the renderer, it's about the overall finished product.  at certain point,  you can end up with theoretically perfect and artistically void work, and that's where i was heading.  my most effective and popular work by far was way before i discovered any skin shader, before i discovered inverse squared lights, before i started using IBL much.  i need to get back to that place, not further away.

and frankly, my technical process was rather involved when i last posted, and will pretty definitely become more so.   for instance, i need to use Matmatic more, and i'll probably do anti-correction per material and correction on the final render, rather than either way.  but then, i ask a lot of questions in the forums, and get pretty thorough answers from awesome and generous experts.  and since i'm now at a place where the answer is, "upgrade your software,"  there's not much to discuss.[/OT]