Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Service Release 2

Little_Dragon opened this issue on Nov 16, 2009 · 191 posts

grichter posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 10:29 AM

Not enough time between a lot of business traveling I am currently doing to debug further. But a scene that did render with SR1, but threw off artifacts where 90 degree walls joined, now stalls during the IDL part of the render. It leaves about 75 percent of the render black. Then after a long wait it stops doing the IDL pre-render and then does the real render. Of course the black area from the pre-render remains black. Not good. At least before I could post work out the artifacts. SR2 in early use is worse when it comes to IDL Mac OSX 10.6.2

Most of the bugs I reported, like transparency issues in preview for example, or every center of mas or every figure in a large scene making the props drop down overly confusing compared to prior versions of Poser, no change.

Not a happy camper for far with SR2. When I get back from another extended business trip, I will probably roll back to SR1 or park it completely and use PoserPro. 3.5 months after P8 first launched, and it's still a not really usable in my mind. YMMV.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"