Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Service Release 2

Little_Dragon opened this issue on Nov 16, 2009 · 191 posts

samhal posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - It's the exact same attitude towards Poser users that was repeatedly voiced by CP Forum moderators time and time again. "Oh, they're just Poser users, a whiney childish bunch!" whenever there was the least bit of a complaint that something wasn't working or that a promised item wasn't being released. Well thank GOD for Rosity, where people are allowed to dissent as long as they don't break the TOS as you've been known to do, by getting personal with attacks.

As an old timer in these parts, I feel I have to comment. It used to be that the forums in the various communities were a place where people shared information. The noise ratio was a lot lower back then. And yes, the Poser and DAZ folks even popped in once in a while and were not only welcome, they were more a part of the community back then as well. That is no longer the case because something has definitely changed along the way. There is WAY too much "dissent"  and it now appears to be fashionable to bash on Smith Micro and DAZ at any available opportunity.

I might be wrong ... but if something doesn't work, what good does it to do complain about it in a forum?  The way I see it is you go to a forum to find out if someone else might be having a similar problem and to see if they found a solution. If your problem is confirmed and no one has yet found a solution, it won't do any good to continue complaining about it in the forums ... the best thing to do is let the appropriate software company KNOW about it so that they can fix it. Anything else is a complete waste of time and energy.

Amen.

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!