Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Service Release 2

Little_Dragon opened this issue on Nov 16, 2009 · 191 posts

RHaseltine posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 3:06 PM

Quote - You see that little line at the very top of the screen here that reports the number of users online here?  Most times that I come in here, the number is WELL OVER 3000 people at a time.

Now ... whenever I found my way to the Content Paradise forums I took a look at the number of users online there at any given time.  Usually it was somewhere between 30 and 60 people. I think the "most users online" was a figure under 500 if I remember correctly (and that either related to a software release, or some skuttlebut about Apollo Max LOL).  BUT ... if the average amount of traffic there was only one or two percent of the traffic here, would it make sense to keep it open?

Those figures are based on counting people who have clicked within the last n minutes, and I think Renderosity has a larger value of n than most phpbb boards - at DAZ I think it was stated to be 5 minutes, while at the time that was said Renderosity was said to use a 30 minute window. Presumably adding minutes to the window doesn't add active members at the same rate, since active posters will contribute one to the count on both the 5 and 30 minute samples, but it does mean you can't necessarily compare the numbers directly.