Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: where can I find a Poser 4 update for mac?

lakota opened this issue on Nov 23, 2009 · 18 posts

lakota posted Tue, 24 November 2009 at 8:20 AM

I believe it is the P4.0 directly off the CD that's the problem, the P4.03 works fine on my old grey tower 9600. Maybe it's the relative path thing that causes the problem. Of course I had the update a century ago, but lost it or trashed it in a save disk space move. I just wanted to finally consolidate everything on one computer and not dump it. I wish I could just drag it over to the newer (still old in wolf years) Quicksilver, but it won't take.

A friend is doing the same as you lmckenzie, not using poser for anything other then posing figures and exporting over to Vue for rendering. I don't find Poser the one stop shopping center for all your rendering needs. He wanted me to convert my 1812 uniforms to fit old Dork, the p4 guy, which to me is still the p3 guy. I was asking WHY and he was explaining this is to reduce polygon count and save RAM in rendering.

Personally, I like the old concept of just using the head, neck, hands, and fingers of a figure  and replacing the rest of the body with clothing, like Zygote's knight and other p3 like things.