Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Stargate Babies - Harder to Watch Each Week

flibbits opened this issue on Nov 22, 2009 · 33 posts

lkendall posted Tue, 24 November 2009 at 4:41 PM

I think the amateur bungling accidental explorers of SG: Universe, make a good metaphor for the amateur bungling writers and actors of this series. Most likely the whole season is already in the can, but maybe, if it survives to another season, the one dimensional flaky characters will be fleshed out, and the gimmicky simplistic plots will become more sophisticated. Given the generally poor offerings on virtually every other cable channel, SG:U is not quite the bottom of the barrel.

Much worse by far are the made for cable, SiFi channel movies that are much more poorly written, acted, and produced. They are uniformly implausible, uncoordinated, inconsistent, and boring. These “movies beg the creation of a new grade of SiFi movies, the “F” grade.

I loved the work of Frank Herbert in “Dune.” The ramblings of his son to “complete” the series are another matter. Some of the books were so bad that I could not make myself finish them. They lack any real understanding of the senior Herbert’s work. If you have not already read these books, don’t. Let the work of Frank Herbert stand on its own.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.