Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Nodes for Dummies

RobynsVeil opened this issue on Jan 24, 2009 · 490 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 04 December 2009 at 11:00 AM

oh, other aspects:

you can tell Matmatic to put a number higher than 1 into an equation, and even when it autormatically generates Color_Math nodes, it generates hypercolors internally. that is, it will look like it's using white, but the color is actually whatever you told it to be. i assume the converse is true, that numbers less than 0 become colors that look like black and are less than it.  this is useful if  to know if you look at the actual materials you're making to double check what your script is doing.

so the stuff i've been talking about with RobynsVeil mainly revolved around the principles of functions, classes, constructors, and class methods and properties.  i can try to elaborate here if anyone has questions about those.

in the end i can say, i looked at the beginning Matmatic stuff and the internal help, and it didn't do 1/10 of what just working with Mix.mm1.txt has done.  my suggestion is to take it, and simplify it.  just have it make corrected diffuse materials with no specular, and build from there. 

earlier in this thread, i offered to do a tutorial that would build the script from that base and go to bagginsbill's final version.  the offer's still open if anyone's interested.